It’s soft, it’s moist and it’s jam-packed with flavor! You can customize this base recipe for an enriched sponge cake to your liking by adding bananas, nuts, chocolate chips or whatever you desire. Again, this is not a recipe shy of calories or sweetness but it is one which will bring immense joy to your taste buds!
You will need the following:
- 1 ½ of all-purpose flour,
- 1 cup of sugar,
- 1 tsp of baking powder,
- ½ tsp of baking soda,
- ½ tsp of salt,
- 2 eggs,
- ½ cup oil or ghee,
- ½ cup yoghurt,
- 1 ½ mashed bananas,
- ¼ cup of nuts/ chocolate chips/ any desired topping.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor starting with the wet ingredients placed first followed by the dry ingredients. Do not pour the bananas or the toppings in the food processor.
- Start the food processor and continue blending until a thick batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to a separate bowl and fold in the bananas and the toppings.
- Dish out the batter in a bread pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 40-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean,
- Serve with tea and enjoy!